Wednesday, October 31, 2012

CARD LANDED: Not what you'd expect...

1976 Playboy Press "Who Was Harry Steinfeldt?"




















My cousin Steve is actually the one who assisted me in acquiring this card. Steve has been collecting for the better part of his life, and we try to help each other out when we can. It's quite nice to know somebody personally that shares your hobby and love.

"This 12-card set was issued in 1976 by Playboy Press to promote author Bert Randolph Sugar's book "Who Was Harry Steinfieldt? & Other Baseball Trivia Questions.  The black and white cards measure the standard 2.5'' x 3.5'' with a player photo on the front and a trivia question and ad for the book on the back."
 - 2011 Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards - Bob Lemke 

I figured by studying the card that the image on the front of the card is in fact the answer to the trivia question on the back.  In my opinion, this is a failure on the part of those who designed the card.  If they intended for collectors or their targets, (since I am in advertising) I would have reversed the front and back of the card, in order to ask a trivia question, and then provide the answer, instead of giving customers an answer to a question they never knew existed.  It just doesn't make sense.

Anyway, I like this card. It sure is different.  

PLEASE stay tuned early next week, for I have a HUGE pickup coming :)

Thanks guys,

- Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment