Monday, November 19, 2012

What do I win?

Today I had a unique experience with a card that I have owned for the better part of 4 years. It's not even a card I particularly love. This card has been a staple in my collection, and before tonight I thought was one of the more common vintage cards I owned.

That was before about 2.5 hours ago.

In a conversation with my cousin Steve about the Play Ball sample card he got on eBay a couple of weeks ago, I learned that the 1939 Play Ball card that I own is in fact rare.

Steve was telling me how the only card he needs to complete his 39 Play Ball set is the lowercase name variation. I didn't know this was even a variation. I thought back to my own copy of this card, and remembered thinking that the name was lowercase, like in the picture shown. Apparently, the variation is pretty rare. But how rare?

I'll have to do some more research. But all I need now to complete my set is the most common card; the all uppercase version of the regular card.

Thanks Steve!

"So, what do I win?"

No comments:

Post a Comment