Monday, August 13, 2012

I did a bad thing... Math.


So, last night with friends I decided to show them my collection. With that came a lot of questions.  So, with a fancy iPhone calculator and a tired brain (mine) I somehow recollected every price I paid for each vintage card I owned, including these two, at          and          respectfully, the most expensive 'non-vintage' cards I own.





I surprised even myself at my memory. It maybe have been because it was after midnight, and everything is more fun after midnight, and there were two attractive women at my house. I don't really know what that has to do with it, but whatever if you had to remember something with them in the room you'd do it too.

My total came out to be           .  This total includes the price of the cards (less shipping b/c calculating that would have been a nightmare) as well as grading fees ($10/card).

Can you imagine what I could have done with that money in the past 4 years of my college career? It's kind of crazy to think about, but at the same time, I have accumulated all these cards at a very reasonable price. In better condition, I could have spent more than double that amount.  I am fortunate that I have a low budget, and patience (at times) to wait for the right deal.

Remember, the cards totaled were less than half of what I have in total. The modern cards I have cost me less, on average, but they outnumber the original vintage cards I have.

Well, now that that's out of the way, I can chart from now on how much my collection has cost me. 

Thanks friends -

No comments:

Post a Comment