Monday, December 31, 2012

It's been a long time comin'

(http://www.deanscards.com/images/actual_images/1938/Goudey/277/283052f.jpg)


After 5 years, one slightly trimmed card, an argument and a meltdown, I have finally landed one of my whales.  Part of the "high numbers" (#277) series, this card features a similar card to this, but a you can see has some additional cartoons where the "low number" (#253) lacks the cartoons.  These cards are often identified by either their lack of or feature of these cartoons.

I actually paid less than what I did for the card I bought at the National Sports Collectors Convention in August, (link to the story here) and from what I can tell from the eBay pictures the card is in far better condition, so I'm a happy camper!

I actually don't have the card in hand yet, should be here Wednesday when I get home from work! Color me excited.

Happy New Year everyone,

Brian


No comments:

Post a Comment