Monday, December 2, 2013

Flea Market pickup

On a cold day in October, my family and I went to the Columbus Market in New Jersey, somewhere my mom had always wanted to go but never had the chance.  We visited the antique buildings instead of the street-fair-like flea, which ended up being fruitful.

I took a quick left and lapped around the room searching for any signs of sports cards. Turns out if I had just turned right I would have come to the area of which I was interested; the sports cards.  My dad had flagged me down to bring me over, and I spent the next 30 minutes combing through bargain bins.  I came across a bin labeled "Ted Williams" among bins labeled "Derek Jeter" and "David Wright". In the back of the box I found the below card for a dollar:

This marks the first card of Hank Greenberg that I bought from a flea market.  Pretty pleased with the card for a buck!

No comments:

Post a Comment